The Peruvian Kitchen: Traditions, Ingredients, Tastes, and Techniques in 100 Delicious Recipes by Morena Cuadra (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeruvian food has been climbing the culinary ladder at full speed, praised by the untrained palate of the average traveler and by food experts alike. Local Peruvian chefs are quickly gaining international celebrity status, opening restaurants in major cities around the world. Peru's millenary staple ingredients, such as quia, maca, and purple potatoes, have finally reached beyond their country's boundaries, and are seducing people of every background. Peruvian food's popularity surged in 2013, named as the International Year of Quia by the UN, during which Peru was named the world's leading culinary destination for the second year on a row. Peruvian food, as it is kwn today, is a fusion of its Incan roots, mixed with Spanish, Arab, African, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, and French influences. The ingredients and techniques of each of these culinary traditions have left a clear mark through time on the basic Incan diet, and the result is a vast and colorful range of dishes, each telling a distinct story. The Peruvian Kitchen is a journey through the diverse gastromy of this country that will allow both those who have tried and fallen in love with Peruvian food already, and those who are first encountering it, the opportunity to get intimately acquainted with this exotic universe of flavors, techniques, and traditions. This book will be your go-to guide for creating a real Peruvian culinary experience at home--learn the history and traditions behind this famous cuisine and enjoy more than one hundred recipes, including cebiches, piqueos, soups, traditional sweets, and much more! Skyhorse Publishing, along our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMorena Cuadra was born in El Salvador, raised in Nicaragua, and adopted by Peru. Lima is where she learned to cook and discovered her passion and talent for this art. She is a trained chef and a wine expert, and has published several magazines and cookbooks. She directed a culinary school in Lima and writes a Peruvian food blog called Peru Delights. Cuadra resides in Leesburg, Virginia. Morena Escardo is a writer and a vegetarian home cook from Lima, Peru, with a fascination for healthy and holistic eating, and for turning any dish vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Together with her mother, she writes the Peruvian food blog Peru Delights, where she emphasizes the versatility and nutrition of Peruvian super foods. Escardo resides in New York City.
- Author(s)Morena Cuadra
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight1071 g
- Width190 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.