All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionCaptain Stephen Drake steps ashore in Plymouth and is immediately confronted by a reporter wanting his comments on an attack made on him by the editor of the 'Evening Meteor'. Of course, the African expedition had been a disaster, but Drake was ready to take responsibility. He telegraphed a survivor so as to set up a meeting, and bought a copy of 'A Man of Influence'. Did he recognise himself in those pages? The battle with 'The Meteor' continues and only intensifies when Drake is elected to Parliament, but intrigue and some smart maeuvring by others may just win the day.
- Author BiographyAlfred Edward Wooley Mason was born in 1865. He was educated at Dulwich College before going up to Oxford University. Once his formal education was completed, Mason went on to become an actor, which had been an ambition since schooldays. He began his writing career with historical fiction, but then moved into the arena of politics, becoming a Liberal Member of Parliament for Coventry in 1906. However, his love of writing stayed with him and Mason further developed his repertoire and style to incorporate detective fiction, introducing one of the earliest fictional detectives, Inspector Hanaud, the Gallic counterpart to Sherlock Holmes. His detective fiction contains material clues and spontaneity. Throughout the course of his life Mason produced over thirty titles. The most enduring work is 'The Four Feathers' which is the most filmed work of any writer in the 20th century, with seven versions in all. There have also been many other films and plays based on his novels, including the Hanaud series. A.E.W. Mason died in 1948.
- Author(s)A. E. W. Mason
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.