All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 355 AD. In a late-Roman world of ambitious bureaucrats and power-hungry courtiers, two young friends of the British bility, Drusus and Marcellus, have fallen foul of the prevailing authority. There is place to hide, turning back. They must face the irresistible might of the Roman state. It seems a fight they cant win. For Drusus and Marcellus their only ally is the young imperial prince, Julian. But Julian has troubles of his own: his very success has made him hated by his uncle, the emperor. With spies and adversaries all about them, they link their fate with Julian's in a life-or-death struggle that takes them from one end of the empire to the other and set themselves against the forces determined to crush them. A vel of hope, The Philosopher Prince is a story of human values pitted against the cold and calculating machine of an all-powerful tyranny. And at its heart, a victim of the very forces he controls, lies the emperor himself.
- Author BiographyPaul Waters is a well-travelled classicist; though educated in Britain, he has lived much of his life abroad, including in Africa, America and Greece. His first novel, Of Merchants & Heroes, was published in 2008, followed by Cast Not the Day in 2009.
- Author(s)Paul Waters
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/04/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date02/11/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.