All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Philosopher Queen is a collection of essays and mologues addressing deep questions about gender, race, science, and global politics, ideal for both students and lay readers. Weaving together philosophical analysis and narrative, Cuomo develops positions that resonate in a world where all truths are partial, yet the search for truth is more important than ever. Scholarly, humorous, and brazenly feminist, these inviting essays encourage us to reinvestigate war, sex, justice, and wholeness. They ackwledge the complexity of reality while holding fast to the promise of common values, and in the face of cynicism and violence they present a conception of ethics that aims toward flourishing.
- Author BiographyChris Cuomo is associate professor of philosophy at the University of Cincinnati. She is the author or editor of numerous articles and two other books, including Whiteness (Rowman & Littlefield, 1999), which she edited with Kim Hall.
- Author(s)Chris J. Cuomo
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/12/2002
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleFeminist Constructions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.