All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionPRIVATE INVESTIGATOR SAM MARLOWE travels to Paris in search of the Modern world, a valuable object that may or may t have gone missing. On the Right Bank, the philosophical investigator Hore de Balzac leads Sam through the French cultural experience of the last five centuries while instructing him on the art of becoming a raconteur, a teller of tales. Sam must then make sense of postmodern Paris, a confusing labyrinth devoid of the usual signposts that rmally direct Western Civilization. On the Left Bank, he meets ather philosophical investigator, Marcel Proust, who guides him along the corridors of existentialist thought while instructing him on the art of becoming a flaneur, a spectator of life. During his investigation Sam encounters numerous Francophile historians and philosophers, as well as many writers and characters of French literature. The story is much like the menu at a fine French restaurant, with the first-time guest longing to sample all the exquisite dishes before making a final choice. Fortunately, the diner can taste that very special dish on ather visit to Cafe Philosophique. Bon Appetit!
- Author(s)Ken Ewell
- Date of Publication08/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.