All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely collection brings together new discussions of the body from seven leading contributors with a wide variety of philosophical outlooks. The papers deal with the role of the body in the concept of the self, in perceptions, intention and action, in Artificial Intelligence, in thinking about sex and gender, and in psychoanalytical thinking. * A collection of specially written articles discussing the wide variety of treatments of the body. * Timely publication bringing together new discussions of the body from seven leading contributors. * Investigates the treatment of the body in the pioneering works of the phemelogist Maurice Merleau--Ponty and the American Philosopher Samual Todes.
- Author BiographyMichael Proudfoot is head of the Philosophy Department and the School of Humanities at Reading University. He is a graduate of Cambridge University and was a lecturer at Glasgow University. He has been Visiting Professor in the Philosophy Department of Miami University, Ohio several times. In addition to the philosophy of body, he has published on aesthetics, Wittgenstein and moral philosophy. He was manager of the Great Britain team that won the gold medal in Modern Pentathlon in the 1976 Olympics.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2003
- Series TitleRatio Special Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight180 g
- Width98 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byMichael A Proudfoot
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.