The Philosophy of Creativity: New Essays by Oxford University Press Inc (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $81.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreativity pervades human life. It is the mark of individuality, the vehicle of self-expression, and the engine of progress in every human endeavor. It also raises a wealth of neglected and yet evocative philosophical questions: What is the role of consciousness in the creative process? How does the audience for a work for art influence its creation? How can creativity emerge through childhood pretending? Do great works of literature give us insight into human nature? Can a computer program really be creative? How do we define creativity in the first place? Is it a virtue? What is the difference between creativity in science and art? Can creativity be taught? The new essays that comprise The Philosophy of Creativity take up these and other key questions and, in doing so, illustrate the value of interdisciplinary exchange. Written by leading philosophers and psychologists involved in studying creativity, the essays integrate philosophical insights with empirical research.
- Author BiographyElliot Samuel Paul is a philosopher who specializes in the history of early modern philosophy, theories of knowledge, and philosophical issues surrounding creativity. He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Toronto and a doctorate from Yale University. He worked for two years as Assistant Professor/Bersoff Fellow at New York University and is now Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Barnard College, Columbia University. He is also co-founder of The Creativity Post, a non-profit web platform that features quality content on creativity, innovation and imagination. Scott Barry Kaufman is one of the world's foremost experts on the development of intelligence and creativity. He applies a variety of perspectives to come to a richer understanding and appreciation of all kinds of minds and ways of achieving greatness. He holds a doctorate from Yale University and a Masters degree from Cambridge University, where he was a Gates Cambridge Scholar. In addition to co-editing the well-regarded Cambridge Handbook of Intelligence (Cambridge University Press, 2011), Dr. Kaufman is author of Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined (Basic Books, 2013). He is also co-founder of The Creativity Post.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, printed music items
- Weight622 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byElliot Samuel Paul,Scott Barry Kaufman
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.