All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionNorman Kemp Smith's The Philosophy of David Hume has long been regarded as a classic study by scholars in the field - a ground-breaking book that has since been unsurpassed in its comprehensive coverage of the ideas and issues of Hume's Treatise. This reissue brings this currently out-of-print and highly sought-after classic up-to-date with a new introduction by Don Garrett. Garrett's new introduction sets the book in its contemporary context and makes the case for its continuing importance in the field of Hume scholarship.
- Author BiographyNORMAN KEMP SMITH was born in Dundee in 1872 and died in Edinburgh in 1958. Between 1919 and 1945 he was Professor of Logic and Metaphysics at the University of Edinburgh. Amongst his books are New Studies in the Philosophy of Descartes, The Credibility of Divine Existence and his translation of Kant's Critique of Pure Reason. DON GARRETT is Kenan Distinguished Professor in the Department of Philosophy at the University of North Carlolina, Chapel Hill. He is the Co-Editor of the journal Hume Studies, and The Encyclopedia of Empiricism, author of Cognition and Commitment in Hume's Philosophy, editor of The Cambridge Companion to Spinoza and Early Modern Philosophy (OUP forthcoming).
- Author(s)Don Garrett,Norman Kemp Smith
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication13/01/2005
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight768 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised ed. 1941
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.