All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essence of Tai Chi Chuan lies in the rich philosophy of ancient China. While most Tai Chi practitioners are aware of the value that studying Chinese philosophy can bring to their practice, it is often difficult to pick out those texts that are most relevant to Tai Chi and connected to its development. The Philosophy of Tai Chi Chuan presents, for the first time, an overview of the Chinese martial and spiritual philosophies that drive Tai Chi Chuan, using fresh translations of the original texts and short histories of each work or author included. An extensive glossary fully explains important Chinese terms. This book includes key excerpts from such popular and widely-studied works as the Tao Te Ching , the I Ching , and The Art of War , as well as writings by philosophers and strategists such as Zhuangzi and Wuzi, The Philosophy of Tai Chi Chuan offers readers a direct connection with the concepts that form the foundation of Tai Chi, inspiring a deeper understanding of the art and its applications.
- Author BiographyFreya and Martin Boedicker run the Forum for Traditional Wu Tai Chi Chuan and teach Tai Chi in Germany, England, Holland, Poland, Belgium, Spain, and South Africa. They are long-time students of Ma Jiangbao, the son of Wu Yinghua and Ma Yueliang.
- Author(s)Freya Boedicker,Martin Boedicker
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Snake Books
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.