All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhospholipases are a class of ubiquitous enzymes that have in common their substrate and the fact that they are all esterases. Beyond that, they are a diverse group of enzymes that fall into two broad categories, the acyl hydro- lases and the phosphodiesterases. The former group is made up of the phos- pholipases Al and A , phospholipase B, and the lysophospholipases. On the 2 other hand, the phosphodiesterases are the phospholipases C and D. The scheme indicates the site of attack of each type of phospholipase. PLA 1 PLB~j ft 0\ ~-C-O-C-R d ~ 2 I 1 R-C-0-C-H 0 2 /H2-6-0-U-0-x PLA, ~ 6- ' PLC PLD The lysophospholipases, t shown, have in some cases properties similar to phospholipase B and are kwn to attack the acyl ester at either position 1 or position 2 of the glycerol backbone. Furthermore, some of the phos- pholipases C and D do t hydrolyze phosphoglycerides but use sphingo- myelinase as their substrate. These phospholipases C are also referred to as sphingomyelinases. The products of that reaction are phosphocholine plus ceramide.
- Author(s)Moseley Waite
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleHandbook of Lipid Research
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight607 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.21New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.