All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this practical guide, photography pricing guru Alicia Caine takes the anxiety and drudgery out of the pricing process for portrait and wedding photographers, showing how to keep the process as simple and painless as possible. Alicia starts by breaking down such daunting topics as managing your budget and expenses and determining how much work you can take on, and then explains the importance of understanding what your client wants and researching the marketplace. She shows how to reverse-engineer your pricing, create a pricing sheet, and present your pricing to your clients. Focusing mainly on portrait pricing, she also explores how to achieve consistent pricing across your photography services, with a chapter on specialty sessions that covers the particularities of pricing weddings and mini sessions. Along the way, you'll encounter nearly 20 worksheets designed to help you move from learning the necessary steps and tasks to actual implementation, a key obstacle for many photographers. As an added bonus, Alicia provides an Expert's Guide on how to get paid what you're worth based on your expertise in a particular niche, which can potentially increase your value in the marketplace. In this special section, you'll learn how positioning yourself as an authority on a particular topic can help you bring in more potential clients. *Features the friendly, approachable voice of photography pricing expert Alicia Caine, whose mentoring and coaching have endeared her to thousands of photographers.*Includes worksheets and a gross earning calculator (also available via download) to help you with key steps in the process, covering such topics as how to determine your hourly value, how to think about and set up collections and specialty products, how to figure out your costs of goods sold, and much more.*Incorporates lightness, fun, and compassion to help photographers more easily approach the challenging and often mundane topic of pricing.
- Author BiographyAlicia Caine is a Fort Worth-based founder of Profit First Photography, offering full-time business coaching and strategies for non-traditional photographers. As a photographer, she built a six-figure photography business in her first year. Due to high demand for understanding her secret to profitability, in 2009 she launched Served Up Fresh, where she began sharing her personal profit strategies with other photographers who needed compassionate, personal mentoring and solid strategies. Served Up Fresh offered over 9,400 photographers around the world private business coaching and home study programs. In the fall of 2013, she rebranded her business Profit First Photography to better serve an audience that was serious about earning six-figure incomes with their business.
- Author(s)Alicia Caine
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Weight410 g
- Width178 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.