All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in association with the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., Fields of Vision: Recording a Century of American Life is a completely new presentation of an historically significant collection of photographs. The 77,000 photographs in the Library of Congress' collection from the Resettlement Administration (RA, 1935-1937), Farm Security Administration (FSA, 1937-1942) and Office of War Information (OWI, 1942-1944) provide a unique and comprehensive view of American life from 1935 to 1944 during the Great Depression. This government photography project was initially conceived to document government loans to farmers and their resettlement in suburban communities, but expanded to create a visual record of agricultural and urban centres in the South, Mid-West and Western United States.
- Author BiographyNicholas Lemann has published five books, most recently Redemption: The Last Battle of the Civil War (2006). He has written extensively for The New York Times, The New York Review of Books, The New Republic, Slate and American Heritage and has worked in documentary television with Blackside, Inc., Frontline, the Discovery Channel, and the BBC. Timothy Egan is a national enterprise reporter for The New York Times. In 2001, he was part of a team of reporters awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the paper's series exploring racial attitudes across contemporary America. He is the author of four books, including The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl (2006), which won the National Book Award for nonfiction in 2006. Francine Prose is the author of 13 books of fiction, including the novel Blue Angel (2001), a finalist for the National Book Award and The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists they Inspired (2003). A recipient of numerous grants and awards, including Guggenheim and Fulbright fellowships, she was a Director's Fellow at the Center for Scholars and Writers at the New York Public Library.
- Author(s)Francine Prose
- PublisherD Giles Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- Series TitleFields of Vision
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD Giles Ltd
- Content Note9 col, 45 b/w
- Weight204 g
- Width180 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.