All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning photography/design team Harold and Phyllis Davis are back with a brand new volume in their new Photoshop Darkroom series. Picking up where their best-selling first book left off, The Photoshop Darkroom 2: Advanced Digital Post-Processing will show you everything you need to kw to take your digital imaging skills to the next level. Great photographers kw that the best images begin well before the shutter clicks, and certainly well before Photoshop boots up. Harold takes a step back, and shares his helpful tips for capturing the most compelling images possible by keeping in mind what type of post-processing you'll do before you start shooting. You'll also find complete coverage of important topics such as compositing, working with layers, and HDR. Packed with tons of eye-popping images which have won Harold national acclaim, this is a fantastic resource for photographers who want to think outside the box and create truly stunning artwork.
- Author BiographyHarold Davis is an award-winning professional photographer. He is the best-selling author of more than 30 books, including The Photoshop Darkroom 2: Creative Digital Transformations (Focal Press), Creative Porraits: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Composition: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Night: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Close-Ups: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing (Focal Press) and Practical Artistry: Light & Exposure for Digital Photographers (O'Reilly). Harold writes the popular Photoblog 2.0, www.photoblog2.com, and is a regular photography and Photoshop columnist for Photo.net, a photography site with more than one million members. Harold is a popular presenter on a wide range of digital photography and Photoshop topics. His workshops are sought after and often sold out. In addition to writing and photography, Harold has been a software engineer, an enterprise technology consultant, and an Internet company executive. Photographic adventures and assignments have taken him across the Brooks Range, the northernmost mountains in Alaska. He has photographed the World Trade Towers, hanging out of a small plane, followed in the footsteps of Seneca Ray Stoddard, a 19th-century photographer of the Adirondacks, and created human interest photo stories about the residents of Love Canal, an environmental disaster area. Harold is well known for his night photography and experimental ultra-long exposure techniques, use of vibrant, saturated colors in landscape compositions, and beautiful creative floral imagery. He is inspired by the flowers in his garden, hiking in the wilderness, and the work of great artists and photographers including M.C. Escher, Monet, van Gogh, and Edward Weston. Phyllis Davis is a graphic designer and writer. Her design credits include many books, posters, advertisements, and Internet projects. Phyllis is the author of more than twenty books on topics that range from elementary algebra to image editing software such as The Gimp and Photoshop. As a writer, she is well known for her ability to break complex topics down into easy to follow, simple steps. Phyllis has a deep interest in education. She believes in working smarter, not harder, and that learning happens most when it is fun. She has followed her interest in unconventional educational strategies as a writer, trainer, and course developer. Phyllis was trained as a classical bassoonist. She is a winner of the Prix de Paris, and holds both a MM degree from Manhattan School of Music and a Diplome Superiuer d'Execution from the Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris.
- Author(s)Harold Davis,Phyllis Davis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2011
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.