All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionResearch into active galactic nuclei (AGN) - the compact, lumius hearts of many galaxies - is at the forefront of modern astrophysics. Understanding these objects requires extensive kwledge in many different areas: accretion disks, the physics of dust and ionized gas, astromical spectroscopy, star formation, and the cosmological evolution of galaxies and black holes. This new text by Hagai Netzer, a rewned astromer and leader in the field, provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory underpinning our study of AGN and the ways that we observe them. It emphasizes the basic physics underlying AGN, the different types of active galaxies and their various components, and the complex interplay between them and other astromical objects. Recent developments regarding the evolutionary connections between active galaxies and star-forming galaxies are explained in detail. Both graduate students and researchers will benefit from Netzer's authoritative contributions to this exciting field of research.
- Author BiographyProfessor Hagai Netzer is a world-class expert in the area of active galaxies and super-massive black holes. He is an associate of the Royal Astronomical Society, winner of the Humboldt and Weizmann prizes, and former director of the Wise Observatory. He has written several advanced and introductory texts in astronomy, as well as a popular science book about the search for life in the universe.
- Author(s)Hagai Netzer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note110 b/w illus. 16 colour illus. 12 tables
- Weight960 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.