All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEilif Dahl, who died in 1993, had one of the most original and creative minds in plant geography. His approach went far beyond the description of distribution patterns and the establishment of correlations between distributions and particular climatic variables. His understanding of physiological mechanisms that influenced and controlled the observed distributional patterns was a key feature of his numerous ideas and hypotheses. He was also aware of the importance of history as an influence on present-day plant distribution, especially in arctic plants. In The Phytogeography of Northern Europe Dahl brings to bear his wide range of interests in physics, chemistry, geology, climatology, meteorology and mathematics, as well as plant ecology and plant systematics, to analyse and explain the distribution of individual plant taxa across rth-western Europe. This book will stand as a testament to the ideas and inspiration of a fine scientist.
- Author(s)Eilif Dahl
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/04/2007
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note82 b/w illus.
- Weight560 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byJohn Birks
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.