All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionMaria-Theresa von Paradis, the only daughter of the secretary of the empress of Austria, was an exceptionally gifted child. By the age of seventeen, she was a full-fledged virtuoso, playing for the royal family, acclaimed for her beauty and talent ...and because she was blind. Her father, unable to accept her condition despite her soaring musical gifts, enlists the help of Franz Anton Mesmer, the forerunner of the modern practice of hyptism, where Maria-Theresa discovers the passions and emotions from which her blindness had previously protected her. In the tradition of Sleeping with Schubert and The Cellist of Sarajevo, the vel is moving portrait of courage, loss, the elation of first love-and the pain of lost incence.
- Author BiographyMichele Halberstadt is a French journalist, film producer, and author. Her previous novels include Prends soin de toi and Cafe Viennois. She also produced and co-wrote the movie Murderous Maids (2000). The Pianist in the Dark is her first novel to be published in English; it won the Drouot Literary Prize and was short-listed for the Lila literary prize in France.
- Author(s)Michele Halberstadt
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Out-of-print date05/03/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight130 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.