All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe diaries of August Gollerich, secretary and student of Franz Liszt, provide a first-hand account of the Master's approach to pia teaching, his preferences and prejudices both musical and social, and his way of encouraging and befriending his students. They contain the mature Liszt's suggestions for interpreting his own works and those of his friend Chopin and of many other composers, offering invaluable advice from the most spectacular pianist of the 19th century. Pianists interested in the history of performance practice and the Romantic era will learn from and take delight in this volume.
- Author BiographyRichard Louis Zimdars is Despy Karlas Professor of Piano at the Hodgson School of Music at the University of Georgia. He is translator and editor of The Piano Master Classes of Hans von Bulow: Two Participants' Accounts (IUP, 1993).
- Author(s)Wilhelm Jerger
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 b&w illus., 152 music exx.
- Weight454 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine381 mm
- Edited byWilhelm Jerger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.