All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pie Project is a collection of 60 sweet pie recipes, in all their bubbling, fruity, caremelised, buttery glory. Pies are very forgiving desserts: spillages really are just an opportunity for more caremelisation and a mis-shapen pie just adds to the rustic feel. Readers are encouraged to use imperfect fruit, play around with lattice, design their own pastry top and bake the pies in whatever they have handy (some are cooked in skillets, or even enamel bowls). There are four chapters in this stunningly photographed book. The Hot Pies section features a Grape, Marscapone and Honey Skillet Pie; the Cheats' section features a Blueberry and Pear Cider Pie; the Hand Pies section features a Maple Syrup, Apple and Stem Ginger Pie; and the Cold Pies section features a Coconut Pie with Watermelon and Mint Sorbet. Delicious. All skill levels are catered for, as some pies are made with homemade pastry, others with bought. These methods sit alongside pies featuring biscuit bases, as well as bottomless pies. Phoebe and Kirsten are out to convince the world that pie really is a dish that should be enjoyed every day and The Pie Project is the collection to do it.
- Author BiographyPhoebe Wood is food editor at one of Australia's leading high-end food magazines, Delicious. Kirsten Jenkins is a food stylist and also a former food editor for Donna Hay. The pair met working together on SBS's food magazine Feast. Phoebe became a pie convert after spending time in New York, where pie is perennial, and she quickly discovered that you can't escape a Thanksgiving without the sweet bliss of a pecan or pumpkin pie. She says she decided to experiment with her own crusts and fillings and realised what a crowd pleaser pie can be. Kirsten shared Phoebe's aesthetic, and love of pies. They dreamt up this project as a vehicle to inspire a relatively unexplored dessert trend in Australia. Phoebe has written the recipes, they sourced props together, and Kirsten styled and took the photographs at Phoebe's parents' farm at Bathurst. A small, but efficient team of two.
- Author(s)Kirsten Jenkins,Phoebe Wood
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteFull colour photography throughout
- Weight760 g
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.74
- AU $38.27Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $43.54Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $16.06Trending at AU $20.34
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $32.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.