All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pigeon Cook is an invaluable reference work for all game cooks. It includes some mouth-watering recipes both for the woodpigeon and the domesticated pigeon. The authors have thoroughly researched their subject and provided culinary ideas that combine traditional British rural recipes with those from abroad. They have visited award-winning chefs and rural estates and, fortunately, many of these experts have been prepared to share their secrets. Not only does The Pigeon Cook reveal the ideas of some of this country's top chefs, it also includes vital accompaniments such as trimmings and sauces. Suitable salads are t forgotten and neither are the wines and aperitifs that are particularly appropriate as accompaniments to pigeon and which transform a meal into a special occasion.
- Author BiographyJeremy Hobson is a well-known writer on field sports and rural matters. In collaboration with Philip Watts, he has written five country-inspired food and cookery books, all of which have been published by The Crowood Press. Although he has been writing for forty years and is the author of scores of magazine articles and over twenty books, it was only in 2002 that he moved to France in order to take up a fulltime freelance writing career. His recent contributions to magazines include feature articles for The Field and he has a regular 'Sporting Life' column in Countryman's Weekly. Philip Watts pursued a long career in the advertising and marketing business and enjoyed many expansive lunches. Seeking a healthier diet, he turned to game cookery and has co-authored and photographed several books on the subject. Philip feels that the humble pigeon, so readily and cheaply available, is often neglected as a wonderfully flavoursome contribution to British cuisine.
- Author(s)J. C. Jeremy Hobson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note47 colour photographs
- Weight219 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Photographer(s)Philip Watts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.