Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThis powerful short vel describes the events of a single afteron. Alwyn Towers, an American expatriate and sometime velist, is staying with a friend outside Paris, when a well-heeled, itinerant Irish couple drops in - with Lucy, their trained hawk, a restless, sullen, distrubingly totemic presence. Lunch is prepared, drink flows. A masquerade, at once harrowing and farcical, begins. A work of classical elegance and concision, The Pilgnim Hawk stands with Faulkner's The Bear as one of the finest American short vels: a beautifully crafted story that is also a poignant evocation of the implacable power of love.
- Author BiographyGlenway Westcott (1901-1987) was the author of the novels. The Grandmothers and Apartment in Athens, in addition to several collections of stories and essays. His life - as revealed in his published joumals and a joint biography of him and his lover, Monroe Wheeler - has been the subject of increasing interest in recent years.
- Author(s)Glenway Wescott
- PublisherThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNYRB Classics
- Weight157 g
- Width8 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine125 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.