All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by bestselling finance author Guy Fraser-Sampson, this is a provocative account of the severe limitations of modern finance, advocating a bold new way forward for the finance industry. The Pillars of Finance is a lively and provocative read, challenging some of the core beliefs of modern finance.
- Author BiographyGuy Fraser-Sampson is a Senior Fellow at Cass Business School in the City of London, UK where he creates and teaches post-graduate investment modules as well as supervising various research projects. He is a longstanding senior-level investment professional, including a period working in the Middle East as Investment Controller with the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (reputedly the largest investor in the world), and subsequently running for several years the international operations of a leading fund manager. He is the author of several books on finance and economics including Multi Asset Class Investment Strategy and Alternative Assets: Investments for a Post-Crisis World. His best-selling Private Equity as an Asset Class has been translated into various languages and adopted as the standard text on the subject by business schools worldwide. In addition to his teaching, writing, and investment activities he has for some years also conducted consultancy and high level executive training sessions helping investors to set their activities within a strategic framework and to develop the necessary systems and processes to allow this to function properly. He is a frequent commentator on both television and radio and a well-known public speaker. Most recently his book The Mess We're In: Why Politicians Can't Fix Financial Crises has been widely covered in the media, discussed at university and think tank events, and nominated for the Orwell Prize.
- Author(s)Guy Fraser-Sampson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.