All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevised by devious genius Tom Cutler, The Pilot Who Wore a Dress is a fiendish collection of riddles, mysteries and puzzles to test and tease your brain. Here's a simple one to get you started: four bodybuilders are huddling together in the street, under a small ladies' umbrella, yet after 20 minutes t one of them has got wet. How is this possible? Separated into original brainteasers and timeless conundrums, plus locked-room head-scratchers and unsolvable crimes borrowed from the very best of detective fiction, this cunning collection will give your lateral thinking muscle a proper workout. See if you can crack the problems by tracing the clues tucked away in each mystery, without sneaking a peak at the answers at the back of the book. These puzzles are perfect for the squashed commute and after-dinner whoopla alike. They are guaranteed to entertain and delight, whether you're a wannabe Sherlock Holmes or a budding Jonathan Creek. Side effects may include bafflement, laughter, smugness, and exclamations along the lines of, 'It's so obvious once you kw the answer.' Oh, and about those bone-dry bodybuilders - who said it was raining? So obvious!
- Author BiographyTom Cutler began his career with numerous false starts, as a teacher, set designer, speechwriter, printer, wine waiter, City drone, and radio reporter, before settling down in book and magazine publishing. After building up extensive scar tissue he finally threw caution to the wind and launched himself as a humorous writer upon a reading public that had done nothing to hurt him. Tom's books cover a variety of subjects, including language, sex, and music. Among his several international bestsellers are, A Gentleman's Bedside Book and the Amazon number-one blockbuster, 211 Things A Bright Boy Can Do. His work has been translated into more languages than you can shake a stick at. Tom has written for the Guardian, the Mail, the Telegraph, the Huffington Post, and BBC radio, and he has a regular column in The Chap magazine. He is a practising magician and member of the Magic Circle, as well as a detective story fan and longstanding Sherlock Holmes aficionado. A lifetime's experience as a very devious bugger has helped him with this book. Tom lives at the seaside, where he enjoys kicking pebbles.
- Author(s)Tom Cutler
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 b/w illus
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.