All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAntoine de Saint-Exupery was born in France in 1900, when airplanes were just being invented. Antoine dreamed of flying and grew up to be a pilot and that was when his adventures began. He found a job delivering mail by plane, which had never been done before. He and his fellow pilots traveled to faraway places and discovered new ways of getting from one place to the next. Antoine flew over mountains and deserts. He battled winds and storms. He tried to break aviation records, and sometimes he even crashed. From his plane, Antoine looked down on the earth and was inspired to write about his life and his pilot-hero friends in memoirs and in fiction. Peter Sis's remarkable biography celebrates the author of The Little Prince, one of the most beloved books in the world. This title has Common Core connections.A Frances Foster Book
- Author BiographyPeter Sis is the internationally renowned author and/or illustrator of many books for children. He is the recipient of the 2012 Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration and has also been awarded a MacArthur Fellowship. He has lived in and around New York City since 1984.
- Author(s)Peter Sis
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width238 mm
- Height313 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.