All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a study funded by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure(R) Foundation, Dr. Mary Flynn researched the effects of an olive-oil-and-plant-based diet on overweight women who had previously undergone treatment for invasive breast cancer. Now, she reveals her findings in The Pink Ribbon Diet. Not only is this program more effective than the National Cancer Institute's recommended low-fat diet, but it is also a diet that women find more satisfying and can thereby sustain for life. The Pink Ribbon Diet features 150 recipes that naturally emphasize Mediterranean foods with nutrients thought to lower breast-cancer risk and foods that improve biomarkers, indicators of risk. This diet has been effective in helping women who have had breast cancer and those at risk of getting it to avoid unhealthy weight gain and safeguard their health.
- Author BiographyMary Flynn, PhD, RD, LDN, is an assistant professor at Brown Medical School and a research dietitian at The Miriam Hospital. She lives in Rhode Island. Nancy Verde Barr served as executive chef to Julia Child and is a James Beard Book Award-- winning cookbook author. She lives in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Mary Flynn,Nancy Verde Barr
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.