All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pirates of Penzance , or The Slave of Duty , is a comic opera in two acts. One of the Savoy Operas, the official premiere was at the Fifth Avenue Theatre in New York on December 31, 1879, where it was a hit with audiences and critics. The London premiere was on April 3, 1880, at the Opera Comique, where it ran for 363 performances, having already been playing successfully for over three months in New York. Pirates remains popular today, taking its place along with The Mikado and H.M.S. Pinafore as one of the most frequently played Gilbert and Sullivan operas. Its successful 1981 Broadway revival by Joseph Papp refreshed its popularity.
- PublisherFaber Music Ltd
- Date of Publication03/01/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber Music Ltd
- Weight522 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.