All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most inspiring spiritual teachers of our time offers simple, practical advice for living with less fear, less anxiety and a more open heart. Bought in a hotly contested auction, The Places That Scare You is w available in massmarket, taking Pema Chodron 's spiritual teachings to a wider audience. We always have a choice, Pema Chodron teaches: we can either let the circumstances of our lives harden us and make us increasingly resentful and afraid, or we can let them soften us and make us kind. This unique book shows us how to awaken our basic goodness and connect to others. In her lively, contemporary voice, Chodron translates the wisdom of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition for the layperson. Her wisdom cuts across all traditions and religions - appealing to everyone from the Dalai Lama's followers to ordinary people trying to make sense of their lives. This title has gone straight onto the bestseller lists in the USA, where it has just been published. Recently profiled in Oprah's O magazine, Pema Chodron is a spiritual teacher for anyone - whether they have a spiritual path or t. Her heartfelt advice and wisdom (developed in her 20 years of practice as a Tibetan Buddhist nun as well as her years previously as a rmal 'housewife and mother') give her a wide appeal. Particularly in these difficult times, this advice strikes just the right te, offering us comfort and challenging us to live deeply and contribute to creating a more loving world.
- Author BiographyPema Chodron is an American Buddhist nun and one of the foremost students of Chogyam Trungpa, the renowned Tibetan meditation master. She is the author of The Wisdom of No Escape, Start Where You Are, The Places that Scare You and the best-selling When Things Fall Apart. She is the resident teacher at Gampo Abbey, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, the first Tibetan monastery in North America established for Westerners.
- Author(s)Pema Chodron
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/08/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElement Books
- Weight170 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.