All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a wonderful adaptation of Bernard Ashley's critically acclaimed vel of the same name, which was short listed for the Carnegie and the Guardian Fiction Awards. Kaninda is an ex-child soldier from East Africa, orphaned and living in London. When a child from a nearby estate is hit by a car, he is drawn into an inter-estate conflict. The story combines current conflicts in London with real war in Africa. Little Soldier is a gritty and gripping play with a fast-moving, exciting plot which will hook boys. The play can be used to explore: * different cultures (set in Africa in London) * urban gang culture and moral questions * literary and dramatic techniques and devices.
- Author(s)Bernard Ashley
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication16/02/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleHeinemann Plays for 11-14
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight220 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.