All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLily King s highly acclaimed, award-winning debut vel is the story of Rosie, an American au pair in Paris whose coming of age defies all our usual conceptions of naivete and experience. Rosie is fleeing an unspeakable loss that has left her homesick for her family. As she awkwardly grasps for the words to communicate with and connect to Nicole, the cool, distant, and beautifully polished mother of the three children she cares for, Rosie s bond with the patriarch of the household develops almost too naturally. When Lola, the middle child, begins to suspect an indecent intimacy between Rosie and her father, Rosie moves to the south of France to care for Nicole s elderly guardian, the storyteller of the family s secrets. There, she discovers a past darkened by war and duplicity, and finally comes to understand the tragedy behind Nicole s elusive demear.
- Author BiographyLily King studied at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Syracuse University, where she won the Raymond Carver Prize for fiction. A MacDowell Colony fellow, her stories have appeared in Ploughshares and Glimmer Train. King is also the recipient of a 2000 Whiting Writers' Award.
- Author(s)Lily King
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.92Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.