All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGabriel Ariz is an art professor relentlessly pursued by misfortunehis only daughter dies in a traffic accident, his wife decides to divorce him, and on top of it all, he is diagsed with a severe kidney disease that will put him into unending hemodialysis sessions and force him to quit his job at the university.Solitude, illness, failure, and the will to carry on despite it all are themes central to Gabriel's account of his experiencea quest for survival and a coming to terms with oneself.Winner of the 2008 Premio Tiflos de Novela on its original publication in Spain.Juan Gracia Armendariz is a Spanish fiction writer and contributor to many Spanish newspapers.
- Author BiographyJuan Gracia Armendariz (Pamplona, 1965) is a Spanish fiction writer and contributor to many Spanish newspapers. He has also been part-time professor at the Universidad Complutense of Madrid, and has many works of literary and documentary research. Jonathan Dunne translates from the Bulgarian, Catalan, Galician and Spanish languages. He has translated work by Tsvetanka Elenkova, Alicia Gimenez-Bartlett, Lois Pereiro, Carme Riera, Manuel Rivas and Enrique Vila-Matas among others. He directs the publishing house Small Stations Press.
- Author(s)Armendariz Juan Gracia
- PublisherHispabooks Publishing
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintHispabooks Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.32
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.