All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning about wine can be a daunting task. With terms like assemblage, batonnage and cuvee; ullage, terroir and vielles vignes, it's t surprising that many people are put off and simply reach for the nearest bottle of red or white in the supermarket aisle. This is the perfect, concise guide for anyone who loves wine but wants to find out more. Arranged in an easy-to-use format in which different types of wine are shown schematically on a map like the London Underground, the reader can see at a glance the salient features of hundreds of different wines and how they relate to each other in terms of taste. A unique and original tool to navigate the complex world of wine, The Pocket Guide to Wine enables wine lovers to find out more about the wines they already like and to make informed choices as they explore further.
- Author BiographyNikki Welch spent ten years selling and marketing wine for a number of wine producers and major supermarkets. She now owns Convivium Wine (www.conviviumwine.co.uk), organizes events for the public and for wine companies, trains staff, writes about wine and acts as a consultant for wine businesses, helping them understand what wine drinkers really want.
- PrizesWinner of Gourmand World Cookbook Awards: Best Drink History Book 2014.
- Author(s)Nikki Welch
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Weight141 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.87Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $29.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $14.72Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.