All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive collection of hands-on, active learning exercises for the college literature classroom, offering ideas and inspiration for new and veteran teachers alike. These 101 surefire lesson plans present creative and interactive activities to get all your students talking and learning, from the first class to final review. Whether you are teaching majors or nmajors, genres or periods, canical or ncanical literature, medieval verse or the graphic vel, this volume provides practical and flexible exercises for creating memorable learning experiences. Help students learn more and retain that kwledge longer by teaching them how to question, debate, antate, imitate, write, draw, map, stage, or perform. These user-friendly exercises feature clear and concise step-by-step instructions, and each exercise is followed by helpful teaching tips and descriptions of the exercise in action. All encourage collaborative learning and many are adaptable to different class sizes or course levels. A collection of successful approaches for teaching fiction, poetry, and drama and their historical, cultural, and literary contexts, this indispensable book showcases the tried and true alongside the fresh and invative. *101 creative classroom exercises for teaching literature* Exercises contributed by experienced teachers at a wide range of colleges and universities* Step-by-step instructions and teaching tips for each exercise* Extensive introduction on the benefits of bringing active learning to the literature classroom* Cross-references for finding further exercises and to aid course planning* Index of literary authors, works, and related topics
- Author BiographyDiana Fuss is the Louis W. Fairchild Class of '24 Professor of English at Princeton University. William A. Gleason is professor and chair of English at Princeton. Both Fuss and Gleason have led teaching seminars for graduate students and received Princeton's President's Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 halftone. 1 line illus.
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDiana Fuss,William A. Gleason
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.