CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most powerful and sustained works in all medieval literature, without which series could be considered complete. The Poem of My Cid deals with the exploits of the medieval Castilian warrior, beginning with the sorrow of his departure into exile and focusing on his determination to regain the favour of his king. The poem is rich in incident and around the strength of the epic hero is developed the theme of the relationship between the individual and seigneurial society. The tribulations of his life and the drama of his battles against both Moors and Christians are presented with unusual directness and force. The translation preserves the tone of the original and reflects the vitality of its style while following the facing text closely. The full tes and the introduction cover problems of interpretation, style and background. Spanish text with facing-page translation, introduction and commentary.
- Author BiographyPeter Such was Head of Modern Languages and Director of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Sherborne School. He is the author (with John Hodgkinson) of The Poem of My Cid and (with Richard Rabone) of Book of Alexander. He retired from teaching in 2011 and he now lives in the province of Cordoba, working as an educational consultant and translator. He continues to carry out research on the literature of thirteenth-century Castile and its political and intellectual background.
- Author(s)John Hodgkinson
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleAris & Phillips Hispanic Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Content Notearallel English/Spanish. 272p, index
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byPeter Such
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.