All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo many, James Joyce is simply the greatest velist of the twentieth century. Scholars have pored over every minutia of his public and private life from utility bills to deeply personal letters in search of new insights into his life and work. Yet, for the most part, they have paid scant attention to the two volumes of poetry he published. The nine contributors to The Poetry of James Joyce Reconsideredconvincingly challenge the critical consensus that Joyce's poetry is inferior to his prose. They reveal how his poems provide entries into Joyce's most personal and intimate thoughts and ideas. They also demonstrate that Joyce's poetic explorations - of the nature of kwledge, sexual intimacy, the changing quality of love, the relations between writing and music, and the religious dimensions of the human experience - were fundamental to his development as a writer of prose. This exciting new work is sure to spark new interest in Joyce's poetry, and will become an essential and indispensable resource for students and scholars of his life and work.
- Author BiographyMarc C. Conner is professor of English at Washington and Lee University and editor of Charles Johnson: The Novelist as Philosopher.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFlorida James Joyce
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMarc C. Conner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.