All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this engaging and provocative new book, Lee Eisenberg, bestselling author of The Number, dares to tackle thing less than what it takes to find enduring meaning and purpose in life. He explains how from a young age, each of us is compelled to take memories of events and relationships and shape them into a one-of-a-kind personal narrative. In addition to sharing his own pivotal memories (some of them moving, some just a shade embarrassing), Eisenberg presents striking research culled from psychology and neuroscience, and draws on insights from a pantheon of thinkers and great writers-Tolstoy, Freud, Joseph Campbell, Virginia Woolf, among others. We also hear from men and women of all ages who are wrestling with the demands of work and family, ever in search of fulfillment and satisfaction. It all adds up to a fascinating story, delightfully told, one that goes straight to the heart of how we explain ourselves to ourselves-in other words, who we are and why.
- Author BiographyLee Eisenberg is the bestselling author of The Number and other books. He's a former editor in chief of Esquire and has been a visiting scholar at the University of Pennsylvania, among other stops in a colorful, wide-ranging career. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Fortune, Businessweek, Time, Newsweek, and New York magazine. He divides his time between Chicago and New York City. For news and updates, please visit LeeEisenberg.com.
- Author(s)Lee Eisenberg
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.