The Pointblank Directive: The Untold Story of the Daring Plan That Saved D-Day by L. Douglas Keeney (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere was the Luftwaffe on D-Day? Following decades of debate, 2010 saw a formerly classified history restored and in it was a new set of answers. Pointblank is the result of extensive new research that creates a richly textured portrait of perhaps the last untold story of D-Day: three uniquely talented men and why the German Air Force was unable to mount an effective combat against the invasion forces. Following a year of unremarkable bombing against German aircraft industries, General Henry H. Hap Arld, commander of the U.S. Army Air Forces, placed his lifelong friend General Carl A. Tooey Spaatz in command of the strategic bombing forces in Europe, and his protege, General James Jimmy Doolittle, command of the Eighth Air Force in England. For these fellow aviation strategists, he had one set of orders - sweep the skies clean of the Luftwaffe by June 1944. Spaatz and Doolittle couldn't do that but they could clear the skies sufficiently to gain air superiority over the D-Day beaches. The plan was called Pointblank.
- Author BiographyL. Douglas Keeney has been writing military non-fiction for 16 years and is a well-known researcher among archivists where formerly classified documents repose. His work has been reviewed by Newsweek, salon.com, The New Yorker, and The New York Times. Keeney has appeared on The Discovery Channel, CBS, The Learning Channel, and The Military Channel (which he co-founded), and he has been interviewed by scores of radio stations and syndicates. He is presently the on-air host for On Target. Previously, Keeney worked for 15 years in marketing and advertising in Los Angeles and New York with Young & Rubicam and Ogilvy & Mather, and internationally with a subsidiary of British-American Tobacco. He was nominated to the Institute for Advanced Advertising Studies (NYC) and was nominated for Entrepreneur of the Year by both the Graduate School of Business at the University of Southern California. Keeney has a BA in Economics from the University of Southern California and an MBA from the University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business.
- Author(s)L. Douglas Keeney
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Out-of-print date01/07/2016
- Content Note20 b/w; 5 col
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $15.54Trending at AU $17.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.