All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $14.29Free postage
- AU $16.68Free postage
About this product
- Description'This was the original game of thrones' George R.R. Martin No man is impervious to the poisons of the crown...Having murdered his wife and exiled his mistress, King Louis X of France becomes besotted with Princess Clemence of Hungary and makes her his new Queen. However, though the matter of the succession should be assured, it is far from so, as Louis embarks on an ill-fated war against Flanders. Where his father, Philip IV, was strong, Louis is weak, and the ambitions of his proud, profligate barons threaten his power and the future of a kingdom once ruled by an Iron King.
- Author BiographyMaurice Druon was a French resistance hero, a Knight of the British Empire and a holder of the Grand Croix de la Legion d'Honneur. He was also a member of the Academie francaise and a celebrated novelist, best known for his series of seven historical novels under the title of The Accursed Kings, which were twice adapted for television. A passionate Anglophile, he was a great expert on all things English, including its medieval history, which provides great inspiration for the series. His many and diverse fans include George RR Martin, Nicolas Sarkozy and Vladimir Putin.
- Author(s)Maurice Druon
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Accursed Kings
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight230 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.