All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEVERYONE KNOWS THE STORY of the poky little puppy, who had to go to bed without any strawberry shortcake. This book, which was one of the original 12 Little Golden Books that launched in October 1942, is w available in an upscale, 52-page edition that features all of the artwork that was later cut when World War II era paper rationing took its toll. It's the perfect way to hor Little Golden Books' 65th anniversary - and the bestselling picture book of all time.
- Author BiographyJanette Sebring Lowrey, who lived in Texas, wrote mostly teen fiction for Harper & Row during the 1940s and 1950s. Her 1950 novel Margaret inspired an early television show starring a young Annette Funicello. Gustaf Tenggren, who immigrated to the U.S. from Sweden in 1920, was the most versatile of the Golden Books illustrators. He brought to life many of the bestselling Little Golden Books of all time, including The Saggy Baggy Elephant, The Shy Little Kitten, and Tawny Scrawny Lion.
- Author(s)Janette Sebring Lowrey
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2007
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGolden Books Publishing Company, Inc.
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width170 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gustaf Tenggren
- Edition Statement65th
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.