The Policy Governance Fieldbook: Practical Lessons, Tips and Tools from the Experiences of Real-world Boards by Caroline Oliver (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Policy Governance Fieldbook is t a theoretical treatise, but a practical study. Its authors are concerned with real people in real organizations with real challenges...It is the first book to start down what is surely to be a very long road. For that boldness, I am in its authors' debt. But more importantly, boards everywhere and those who rely on the integrity of governance-that means all of us-are in their debt as well. -from the Foreword by John Carver Local elected officials and professional staff will find Carver's model provocative and intriguing. This practical guide is one of the best I have encountered. The useful tips at the And of each chapter are worth the price of the book. -John Nalbandian, professor of public administration, University of Kansas Boards all around the world have adopted the revolutionary Policy Governance principles to improve their leadership and performance. This fieldbook is the latest addition to growing literature on the landmark model. Endorsed with a foreword by John Carver, this practical, unflinching resource closely examines eleven diverse organizations that have implemented Policy Governance in the United States and Canada. The authors analyze what works-and what doesn't-in real world practice. The Policy Governance Fieldbook is for organizations considering, beginning to use, or already using Carver's principles. Readers will discover practical advice based on the real-life experiences of organizations that have tried and tested Policy Governance for themselves. Each chapter is built around a user-friendly, hands-on framework-first introducing a specific Policy Governance activity or challenge, exploring the experiences of boards that met this challenge, and then drawing key lessons from those experiences. Filled with tips and tools for implementation of key principles, the book is far from a theoretical treatise. It is a practical exploration of real organizations facing real challenges. The Policy Governance Fieldbook is an ideal guide for boards that are ready to lead their organizations to success.
- Author BiographyCAROLINE OLIVER, the general editor, is founding president of The Leadership Team, a Canadian organization which focuses on board leadership issues. She has consulted with organizations in Canada and the United States, including United Kingdom organizations and national and European government committees. LINDA STIER Mike Conduff, Susan Edsall, Carol Gabanna, Randee Loucks, Denise Paszkiewicz, Catherine Raso, and Linda Stier represent a wide variety of governance experience in organizations across the nonprofit and public sectors. They are all trained in John Carver's Policy Governance principles. Their knowledge comes not only from working in organizations at board and CEO levels, but also from consulting, facilitating, and training others.
- Author(s)Caroline Oliver
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/06/1999
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight437 g
- Width179 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.