All listings for this product
About this product
- Description5 Star Amazon Review! July 21, 2013 - by Dale Malisiak Being of Polish ancestry, I was drawn to this book. Being a fan of gangster films, books didn't hurt either. I wasn't disappointed. Polish -vs- Italian gangsters. Interesting. Introducing THE POLISH GANG A must have in any library. A classic in the making, The Polish Gang delivers from laugh to bullet. A must read for American history buffs, action adventure hounds and love story fans! The Polish Gang takes you deep into the heart of the Roaring Twenties. It violently shakes your emotions with both good and evil characters. Often lighthearted, yet tenderly thoughtful, Karl J. Niemiec clearly captures a Runyonesque sense of humor. Back Cover: In the grips of the Roaring Twenties Detroit was wide open to bootleggers and murderers. Dollars by the fistful were for the taking by anyone strong, cunning and murderous eugh to chance dying for them. A city in a stupor, gone mad with drink, where blood ran at the drop of rum, Detroit became a civilization taken over by strong-armed gang members. During this time of social unrest, at the very height of prohibition, there existed - w only in old-timers' porch swing tales that grow mysteriously dim as time slips by - a small band of young men kwn as The Polish Gang. Just what happened to The Polish Gang? Where did they go? And why do so few people remember? And why, in a time of such profound documentation and national scrutiny of one city is there but one small newsprint article hinting about this elusive band of young men? These mysteries and more are answered in The Polish Gang. Inside Flap: Though this story is a complete work of fiction loosely based on my grandfather's family, the naked girl in the back seat of my pop's convertible on the front lawn of Michal's Bar was t. This is a 'what if' she was promised to someone else - a love story set in 1929 Detroit. Inspired by the antics of my pop, Bronislaus Niemiec.
- Author BiographyAfter journalism school at the University of Detroit, hitching around America and Canada writing journals, and screenwriting classes at UCLA Extension, Karl Joseph Niemiec spent 30 years surviving Hollywood by working many odd jobs, including acting on soaps, writing, directing and producing his own films. Karl also bartended at the hottest night clubs in town and later in the homes of the most powerful people in Showbiz. It was these adventures he has turned into screenplays and books. Karl wrote the first draft of The Polish Gang on a 1929 Underwood at the corner of Santa Monica and Vine, three flights up. Today, Karl is the President of LapTopPublishing.com and is the proud father of three boys and one daughter, and lives with his wife, Erin, in Carmel, Indiana.
- Author(s)Karl J Niemiec
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.89
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.25
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.