All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet ready to be entertained with more than 300 jam-packed pages of unusual, bizarre and often humorous political facts in American politics. These are t the facts that you were taught in Politics 101. Sound smart at your next cocktail party or at the local coffee shop when the conversation turns to politics; you will easily be able to weave these fascinating facts into the conversation. Political junkies and casual political observers alike will enjoy this book. It's a fun read. In fact, the book makes the perfect gift. This book is bursting with interesting facts and pictures pertaining to American Presidents, Vice Presidents, Cabinet Members, First Ladies, Members of Congress, Supreme Court Justices, Goverrs, and local elected officials. Find out the real story behind the following political peculiarities: *The belief by some that George Washington should t be considered America's First President. *A President's last words as he ate his soup: The Nourishment is palatable. *A Goverr once vetoed a bill for bad spelling, improper punctuation and erasures. *A political candidate, who after losing an election, complained: The people have spoken, The Bastards. *Hillary Clinton was the President of the Young Republicans at Wellesley College. *A U.S. President who has been forgotten in the U.S., but who is worshiped in Paraguay and has a national holiday named after him in that country. *After losing re-mination by his own party, one President deadpanned: There's thing left to do but get drunk. *A First Lady who enjoyed conversing on her CB radio from the White House using the handle First Mamma. *A President gave a Pope a bust of himself as a gift. *One state had a 24-year-old Goverr. *A President who in his earlier life worked as a custodian and an auto mechanic. *A staph infection that may have altered the course of history. *A losing Presidential candidate who speculated that his unwillingness to appear on the weekly TV comedy show Rowan & Martin's Laugh In may have cost him the election. *A President whose birth name was Leslie Lynch King. *A Vice President who regularly presided drunk over the U.S. Senate. *A state where prisoners make license plates that read: Live free or die. *A Vice President who needed additional income took a leave of absence to open a tavern and spa. *A future President who was the head cheerleader at his High School football games. *A Congressman who called a colleague on the House floor a Howdy-Doody-looking nimrod. *A President that was so large that he got stuck in a White House bathtub and needed assistance in getting out. *A Congressman who issued a press release deriding the organization kwn as Americans for Tax Reform as Lying Sacks of Scum. *A future President who came in second in the Iowa Caucuses to None of the above *A U.S. Senate candidate who appeared on the ballot as God Almighty *A former 12-year Goverr who subsequently became a bank teller. *That one Secretary of State had never left the U.S. before taking office. *A Supreme Court Justice who wrote in the Majority Opinion regarding forced sterilization: Three Generations of Imbeciles is eugh. *A President's last words as his wife was reading him the newspaper: Could you please read that again? *Two brothers who ran against each other for the Goverrship of Tennessee.
- Author BiographyRich Rubino is the author of The Political Bible of Little Known Facts in American Politics as well as Make Every Vote Equal: What A Novel Idea. He is also a consultant for the National Popular Vote movement, writes for The Huffington Post, and is the Managing Editor of the political blog politi-geek.com. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and Communications from Assumption College, and a Master's Degree in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College. Rich resides in Marblehead, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Rich Rubino
- PublisherRich Rubino
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRich Rubino
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.