All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Political Ecomy of Africa addresses the real possibilities for African development in the coming decades when seen in the light of the continent's ecomic performance over the last half-century. This involves an effort to emancipate our thinking from the grip of western ecomic models that have often igred Africa's diversity in their rush to peddle simple strums of dubious merit. The book addresses the seemingly intractable ecomic problems of the African continent, and traces their origins. It also brings out the instances of successful ecomic change, and the possibilities for ecomic revival and renewal. As well as surveying the variety of contemporary situations, the text will provide readers with a firm grasp of the historical background to the topic. It explores issues such as: * employment and poverty * social policy and security * structural adjustment programs and neo-liberal globalization * majority rule and democratization * taxation and resource mobilization. It contains a selection of country specific case studies from a range of international contributors, many of whom have lived and worked in Africa. The book will be of particular interest to higher level students in political ecomy, development studies, area studies (Africa) and ecomics in general.
- Author BiographyVishnu Padayachee is Senior Professor and Head of the School of Development Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byVishnu Padayachee
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.