All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization affects urban communities in many ways. One of its manifestations is increased intercity competition, which compels cities to increase their attractiveness in terms of capital, entrepreneurship, information, expertise and consumption. This competition takes place in an asymmetric field, with cities trying to find the best possible ways of using their natural and created assets, the latter including a naturally evolving reputation or consciously developed competitive identity or brand. The Political Ecomy of City Branding discusses this phemen from the perspective of numerous post-industrial cities in North America, Europe, East Asia and Australasia. Special attention is given to local ecomic development policy and industrial profiling, and global city rankings are used to provide empirical evidence for cities' characteristics and positions in the global urban hierarchy. On top of this, social and urban challenges such as creative class struggle are also discussed. The core message of the book is that cities should apply the tools of city branding in their industrial promotion and specialization, but at the same time take into account the special nature of their urban communities and be open and inclusive in their brand policies in order to ensure optimal results. This book will be of interest to scholars and practitioners working in the areas of local ecomic development, urban planning, public management, and branding.
- Author BiographyAri-Veikko Anttiroiko is Adjunct Professor in the School of Management at the University of Tampere, Finland. His research areas include local governance, global intercity competition, e-government, public sector innovations, and high-tech centre research.
- Author(s)Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Regional Economics, Science and Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.