The Political Economy of Trade, Aid and Foreign Investment Policies by Emerald Group Publishing Limited (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $159.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $129.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile considerable progress has been made in analyzing the formulation of international ecomic policies, the existing literature remains deficient in several respects. First, the existing models take a relatively simplistic view of the political-ecomy environment. For example, in contrast to the observed reality, a large majority of the models view the government as a molithic entity. Second, there is only limited recognition of the political-ecomy interactions between interest groups across national borders. Third, dynamic factors governing trade policy formulation have been essentially absent in the literature. Fourth, the empirical work in this area, both cross-industry within national boundaries and cross-national, is very much in infancy and in need of further development. Fifth, other aspects of international ecomic policy such as foreign aid and foreign direct investment have been scarcely addressed in the existing literature. In this volume, edited by Devashish Mitra and Arvind Panagariya, a group of distinguished scholars in international trade, especially from the younger generation, analyzes several of these important but neglected aspects of the political ecomy of international ecomic policy. The volume contains 12 essays topped by an introduction by the editors. The contributors to this volume are Alok Bohara, Carl Davidson, David Feldman, Kishore Gawande, Amy Glass, Omer Gokcekus, Keith Hall, William Kaempfer, Justin Kwles, Pravin Krishna, Phil Levy, Chris Magee, Steve Matusz, Wolfgang Mayer, John McLaren, Devashish Mitra, Alex Mourmouras, Doug Nelson, Arvind Panagariya, Martin Richardson, Martin Ross, Kamal Saggi and Ed Tower. The volume makes major advances in the area of political ecomy of trade, aid and investment policy, and therefore will be of considerable interest to academic researchers and students of international ecomics. Because of its obvious focus on the process of policy formulation, ecomists as think tanks, international institutions such as the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and World Trade Organization, and trade-policy analysts in developed and developing countries will also read it.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationKidlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight642 g
- Width221 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byArvind Panagariya,D. Mitra
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.