All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to 'think differently'? What are the conditions under which original thought can take place and what are the obstacles to it? The ability to create thoughts is what lies at the base of philosophy and political theory and practice. One cant hope to change the world, or even adequately critique it, without the possibility of the new in mental life. The Political Mind seeks to explore the possibility of thinking differently through connecting neuropsychological material on consciousness, nconsciousness and affect to political theory. It spans many diverse disciplines: from hard-edged neuropsychology to sociology, ecomics, political theory and Eastern and Western philosophy. Its originality lies in its ability to draw meaningful connections between such disparate literatures, weaving a coherent whole. It then applies the concepts created to the currently popular topics of consumerism and the anti-capitalist and anti-globalisation movements.
- Author BiographyKeiran Laird is a Lecturer in Political Theory at Queen's University, Belfast.
- Author(s)Kieran Laird
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.