All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo society can function without judicial institutions. At a minimum, conflict must be regulated and the criminal law enforced. Ironically, though, modern political science has tended to igre the role of courts in advanced industrial societies, so much so that even basic information has often been unavailable. This book covers three important bases. First, it provides, for the first time, up-to-date material about the court systems - their structures, their personnel, their jurisdictions - of the major democratic nations. Second, it places the courts in their political context, eschewing legalism and stressing their linkages with other institutions and their role in the policy process. Third, there is an attempt to assess the direction of contemporary change, especially how it relates to broader themes of other types of political change.
- Author BiographyJEROLD L. WALTMAN is Professor of Political Science at the University of Southern Mississippi. He is editor (with Donley T.Studlar) of Dilemmas of Change in British Politics and author of The Political Origins of the US Income Tax and Copying Other Nations' Policies KENNETH M. HOLLAND is Associate Profesor of Political Science at the University of Vermont. He has published a number of articles on the judicial process in learned journals and is the author of Writers' Guide: Political Science.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/02/1988
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight465 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJ. Waltman,Kenneth M. Holland
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.