The Politician: An Insider's Account of John Edwards's Pursuit of the Presidency and the Scandal That Brought Him Down by Andrew Young (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe greatest political saga, the one that has it all, that gets to the real heart of American politics, is the John Edwards story... This isn't just politics, it's literature. It's the great American vel, the kind that isn't written anymore. --Michael Wolff on John Edwards's trajectory, on VanityFair.com The underside of modern American politics -- raw ambition, manipulation, and deception -- are revealed in detail by Andrew Young's riveting account of a presidential hopeful's meteoric rise and scandalous fall. Like a n-fiction version of All the King's Men, The Politician offers a truly disturbing, even shocking perspective on the risks taken and tactics employed by a man determined to rule the most powerful nation on earth. Idealistic and ambitious, Andrew Young volunteered for the John Edwards campaign for Senate in 1998 and quickly became the candidate's right hand man. As the senator became a national star, Young's responsibilities grew. For a decade he was this politician's confidant and he was assured he was 'like family. In time, however, Young was drawn into a series of questionable assignments that culminated with Edwards asking him to help conceal the Senator's ongoing adultery. Days before the 2008 presidential primaries began, Young gained international toriety when he told the world that he was the father of a child being carried by a woman named Rielle Hunter, who was actually the senator's mistress. While Young began a life on the run, hiding from the press with his family and alleged mistress, John Edwards continued to pursue the presidency and then the Vice Presidency in the future Obama administration.Young had been the senator's closest aide and most trusted friend. He believed that John Edwards could be a great president, and was assured throughout the cover-up that his boss and friend would ultimately step forward to both tell the truth and protect his aide's career. Neither promise was kept. Not only a moving personal account of Andrew Young's political education, THE POLITICIAN offers a look at the trajectory which made John Edwards the ideal Democratic candidate for president, and the hubris which brought him down, leaving his career, his marriage and his dreams in ashes.
- Author BiographyAfter earning a bachelors degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a law degree at the Wake Forest University School of Law, Andrew Young was a volunteer for John Edwards' winning campaign for U.S. Senate. Hired in 1999, Young became Edwards' longest serving and most trusted aide. He raised more than $10 million for the politician's various causes and played a key role in Edwards' efforts to become President of the United States. Now a private citizen, he lives in Chapel Hill with his wife Cheri and their three children.
- Author(s)Andrew Young
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2010
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Out-of-print date22/07/2015
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.