All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking for the first time at the cut-price anatomy schools rather than genteel Oxbridge, Desmond winkles out pre- Darwinian evolutionary ideas in reform-minded and politically charged early nineteenth-century London. In the process, he reveals the underside of London intellectual and social life in the generation before Darwin as it has never been seen before. The Politics of Evolution is intellectual dynamite, and certainly one of the most important books in the history of science published during the past decade. --Jim Secord, Times Literary Supplement One of those rare books that t only stakes out new territory but demands a radical overhaul of conventional wisdom. --John Hedley Brooke, Times Higher Education Supplement
- Author BiographyAdrian Desmond is an Honorary Research Fellow in the Department of Biology at University College, London, and is the coauthor (with James Moore) of Darwin.
- Author(s)Adrian J. Desmond
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1992
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleScience & Its Conceptual Foundations S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Notex, 504 p., 46 halftones, 1 map
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.