Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume explore the phemen of foreign industrial recruitment in terms of the experience of six mid-American states--Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illiis, Kentucky, and Tennessee--in attracting Japanese automobile assembly facilities. This experience and the choice of plant sites by Mazda, Honda, Fuji-Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Nissan was invariably determined by multi-state negotiations and escalating state government incentive packages. To understand this phemen and its consequences, the essays in this volume sketch its comparative historical, ecomic, and legal dimensions; examine the dynamics of Japanese automobile investment in terms of the six site-specific studies; and then place these industrial recruitment experiences within a wider framework of federal-state relations and the prospects for a national industrial policy. Part I illuminates the background to and the comparative setting for the mid-American competition for Japanese automobile plants in the era of international corporate flight. Part II carefully probes the dynamics of development in terms of six site-specific studies. Finally, Part III places these six state industrial recruitment experiences within the wider framework of federal-state relations. This book makes informative reading for anyone interested in the automobile industry, Japanese-American trade polices, and federal-state relations.
- Author BiographyERNEST J. YANARELLA is a Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Kentucky. He is currently completing a book on contemporary science fiction and the ecological imagination. WILLIAM C. GREEN is Associate Professor of Government at Morehead State University and Research Associate with the Institute for Mining and Minerals Research at the University of Kentucky. He is the author of several books, and coauthor, with Ernest J. Yanarella, of The Unfulfilled Promise of Synthetic Fuels (Greenwood Press, 1987).
- Author(s)Ernest J. Yanarella,William C. Green
- Date of Publication15/06/1990
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 104
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.