All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting from a revolutionary Marxist perspective, Kieran Allen situates Conlly within the framework of the Socialist 2nd International and aims to show how its theoretical inadequacies account for many of Conlly's own ambiguities and failings. While applauding Conlly's unflinching commitment to anti-imperialist struggle and social revolution, Allen argues that he never understood the importance of class in the Irish republican movement, thus failing to build an independent revolutionary party of the Irish working class. The book traces the consequences of this failure, and aims to show how it remains a failing in the Irish Left today.
- Author BiographyKieran Allen is a sociology lecturer at University College Dublin. His books include Marx and the Alternative to Capitalism (Pluto, 2011) and Max Weber: A Critical Introduction (Pluto, 2004) as well as a number of works on Irish society and politics.
- Author(s)Kieran Allen
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight280 g
- Width1 mm
- Height1 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.