About this product
- DescriptionAnna Kinsman's analysis of the public school system in Washington, D.C. is a rmative critique of policies and procedures, which are often taken for granted. Kinsman's study draws from sixteen years of participant observation as a high school teacher in the District of Columbia Public School System. Her work is intellectually rigorous but accessible, often punctuated by anecdotal humor and irony. Using her insider's viewpoint, Kinsman has created a valuable policy study for educators, political scientists, and sociologists.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Anna Kinsman received her Ph.D. in the Human Sciences at The George Washington University. She has taught at public schools in London and Chicago as well as Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Anna Kinsman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number251
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note9 fig.
- Weight270 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.